Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Totally Classified

During the computer convention (Comex) at Suntec, I was begining to wonder why other people was able to buy what they wanted and I have to pinch and scrap. Was it because their allowance was far more then mine or I had poor money management? In the end, I did a rough calculation on how much I spent in August. True enough I had almost spent all my money except for the $25 which was still sitting in my bank, waiting to be withdrawn.

The following Monday(3/08/07), I started searching the newspapers for jobs(Classified section). Eventally I found 3 jobs that I was interested in. A cashier at Shell 7-11(pasir panjang) , a waiter at Westend (pasir panjang) and a coffee maker (not the machine XD) at coffeebean. I then went for the walk-in interview on Tuesday itself. First to Shell 7-11 unfortunatly the boss wasn't around so all I had to do was to fill in my application form. From Shell, I proceeded to the Westend, some restaurant with western cusine. The main reason why I chose that place is because it is within walkable distance, about 5mins walk from home. When I reached the Westend, I tried calling the one in charge but nobody picked up. I then tried calling 5 mins later and it was engaged. I finally called 1 last time and nobody picked up again. Feeling irritated and annoyed, I left for Tiong Bahru Plaza for the coffeebean interview. In fact, there was no walk-in interview, all I did was fill in an application form and it was done. I went home after turning in the application form.

On Wednesday, the in-charge of Shell called told me I was hired and I was to start work on Thursday at 10pm. When Coffeebean didnt call me the next day if I was going to be hired, I started to get slightly worried. I eventually called them on Friday and arranged an interview on Tuesday 11/08.

1 comment:

Sheldon Wee said...

11/08? Theres a typo in ur last line lah!