Thursday, August 30, 2007

If it looks easy to make, its actually not.

For some reason, I had these popiah cravings each day. So much so I went as far as to search for popiah recipes on how to make and prepare them. Finally on 24/7, I went to Queenstown to buy the popiah skin ( $8 for 1/2 a kg and $16 per kg). I wanted to buy some sweet sauce for $2 per bottle too but I didn't have enough money as I had gotten myself some popiah beforehand. I bought the rest of the ingredients on sunday, which consisted of, lettuce, turnip, eggs, beansprouts, crushed nuts and sweet sauce. I started to wash the turnip and peel it once I got home. Since the kitchen was kinda busy during that time because my sister wanted to prepare for her western dinner, I went to sentosa and met up with maddy, mervin and SC.

When I got home from Sentosa, my father had already prepared the turnip. He had boiled it with chicken broth. The next day, I began making my popiah.

<--------- all the ingredients for my popiah

Took out the eggs and boiled some water and tried to make hard boil eggs. I didn't put them in hot water long enough and they didn't become fully hard boiled ( the center of the egg was still abit runny). Using the hot water that was left from boiling the egg, I used it to cook my beansprouts. While the beansprouts are being boiled, I shelled the prawns. I then reused the water to boil the prawns. Next I microwaved the turnip and washed the lettuce.


the popiah's base ---------------------------->

I laid 2 pieces of popiah skin then spread the sweet sauce over it. Placed a piece of lettuce and started adding the ingredients one by one. First the beansprouts, followed by peanuts, prawns and finally the turnip itself.



















^ ^

my very first popiah made (dont know if my 2nd popiah made
you can even call it a popiah) XD
Thats all for now, gonna try making some kaya toast next.....




















































































No comments: