Monday, February 11, 2008

Chinese New Year Prelude

What seemed forever to arrive is all over in a flash....
Before the CNY came, I was very enthusatic about it. Being able to eat bak kwa, mandarin oranges and other CNY goodies plus getting all those red packets were just some of the highlights. I was hoping to visit some of my friends house during the new year too.

The day finally arrived with me working on the eve of new year itself. A 8-3pm and then followed by 10pm -5 am the next morning. Minutes before 12, chinatown was fully packed and almost impossible to walk. At 12 midnight exactly, the air was filled with large crackling sounds, so much so that everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the direction the sound was coming from. The firecrackers had already started. It was soon followed by a salvo of fireworks. And it lasted for..........1 minute XD. Work ended about 4am, so I had to grab a taxi back home. I had to walk all the way to CHIJ kellog before I was able to get a cab home. About 3 cabs went past me despite me trying to flag them down.

I finally reached home about 5am . Feeling abit restless, I tossed around for quite some time before falling asleep. Only to be awoken by my mum in the morning, too tired to notice the time....

1 comment:

Sheldon Wee said...

go enjoy your last cny as a free man :P